Camp Yamhill exists to assist in the physical, social and spiritual growth of individuals and serve as a venue for Christian fellowship and education.
Guests: Contracted groups, and campers at our Sponsored Camps, are not required to embrace the following belief statement. However, we ask that all camp guests respect these values in their actions and activities while at Camp.
Camp Personnel: The following belief statement reflects the guiding values of the Yamhill Encampment Corporation and is intended to unite our board, staff, directors, and counselors around the core beliefs that form the foundation of our Sponsored Camps.
The Camp Yamhill Board of Directors and staff, pledge to establish policies and conduct ourselves and our Sponsored camps in a manner consistent with the following beliefs:
We believe . . .
- …Camp Yamhill is a gift from God and we should use it in ways that honor Him and are consistent with the Bible and this statement of faith.
- …in one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- …the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- …Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, came to earth, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed miracles, died on the cross to forgive our sins, was bodily resurrected, ascended to heaven and will return to judge the world.
- …salvation is the free gift of God to all who will confess their faith in Jesus Christ as demonstrated by immersion in water for the remission of sins.
- …in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit who empowers Christians to live a godly life.
- …in a final judgment when the dead will be resurrected and the saved will receive eternal life.
- …in the spiritual unity of the Church, which is the Body of Christ, composed of all who are baptized into Jesus Christ.
- …God created each person in His image as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex.
- …God’s command is for sexual intimacy to be an exclusive experience in marriage between one male and one female.
- …all human life is a gift from God who has known us since before we were born and, as such, is worthy to be treated with love and respect.