2021 Summer Camps – Camp Yamhill is now accepting registrations for summer camps!
Camp Yamhill is very happy to announce that the State of Oregon will be allowing us to have overnight camps this summer. The State has released a very detailed set of guidance documents in an effort to be sure that summer camps are conducted in a way that will be as safe as possible for the campers, camp staff and everyone associated with the camp.
Camp Yamhill is committed to following all state guidance in order to provide camps that will be as safe as possible. In order to be sure that all campers and parents have adequate information so that they can make an informed decision about their attendance at Camp Yamhill, we want to share some of the plans that we have developed for our camps. These plans were developed to follow state rules while offering a meaningful camp experience for all campers.
- Campers must be in cohorts no larger than 30 campers. Campers must stay in their cohorts for all indoor activities including meals.
- Masks will be worn by campers and staff and distancing will be observed in all applicable situations (e.g. masks are not required at meals and while sleeping).
- Camp Yamhill will form cohorts by cabins. We will have 15 boys in each boy’s cabin and 15 girls in each girl’s cabin. One boy’s cabin and one girl’s cabin will form each cohort.
- Camp Yamhill will allow a maximum of three cohorts in each camp session for a total of no more than 90 campers.
- The state has relaxed rules for the cohort outdoors. The cohorts will be allowed to mix outdoors but must follow distancing and masking requirements.
- Camps are required to have a communicable disease plan in place before camps begin. If parent wish to see the communicable disease plan, please contact us at 503.662.3710.
- Because of these restrictions, all campers will be required to register online.
There will be a number of changes in Camp procedures, including registration of campers and picking up of campers after camps end. Camp will send out an email to all of our friends, supporters and campers campers that will provide more details. If you do not think you are on this list please add you information on the “Get News and Updates” section on this page. It is important to stress that, in order to offer camps during the pandemic, parents and campers and staff will all be required to follow all state rules.
There are a number of guidance documents that cover camp operations. The primary information can be found at: https://campyamhill.org/wp-content/uploads/youth-programs-guidance.pdf. Additional information can be found by consulting the State of Oregon coronavirus guidance information page at: Coronavirus.oregon.gov : Building a Safe & Strong Oregon : Guidance : State of Oregon.
Located 8 miles west of Yamhill and forty-five miles from Portland, Camp Yamhill is a year-round event center hosting businesses, schools, government groups, non-profits, churches, and private organizations. Camp Yamhill’s facilities and 240 pristine acres can accommodate groups up to 270. Camp Yamhill also hosts a number of awesome summer camps and retreats. No matter who you are, there is a camp or retreat for you. Whether you’re on the challenge course, hiking the Trask Mountains, fishing, canoeing or just enjoying nature, Camp Yamhill is an ideal location to host your next event.