Camp Yamhill Code of Conduct
Camp Yamhill is a Christian, faith-based camp and is designed to be a safe place that focuses on what unites us rather than what divides us. All participants at Camp will make every effort to maintain a spirit of unity (as outlined in the Statement of Faith) and refrain from provoking individual, social, or political agendas. To support this mission, I agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct.
- Respect the schedule and be where I am supposed to be at the appropriate time.
- Respectfully listen and participate in times of worship.
- Do my best to participate in activities.
- Encourage everyone no matter their skill set.
- Fully engage in the Camp experience and encourage others to do the same.
- Respect decisions and outcomes of events and focus on the benefit of the activity.
While interacting with Camp Staff
- Respect the Yamhill Staff and follow the Camp rules.
- Follow directions at all times.
- Listen and act appropriately in emergency situations.
While interacting with fellow campers
- Refrain from bullying or intimidation.
- Refrain from profanity, coarse talk, suggestive speech and actions.
- Refrain from physical confrontations with others and seek the staff’s help to settle issues.
- Refrain from instigating or manipulating people to act inappropriately.
- Refrain from gossip, shaming, or making fun of others.
- Respect other people’s privacy.
- Refrain from Inappropriate Displays of Affection (IDA).
- Inappropriate Displays of Affection (IDA) is defined as physical contact or gestures that are inappropriate at Camp. IDA for unmarried individuals is not encouraged at Camp. Any IDA deemed excessive by the Director or Manager will be addressed discreetly.
Facility use rules
- Respect the grounds, buildings, and environment and leave Camp better than I found it.
- Participate in the cleaning of my cabin area and keep the overall Camp looking nice.
I understand that
- All interactions (including but not limited to cabin assignments, bathroom usage, and conversations) will be based upon one’s biological sex at birth. (Reasonable exceptions applied at Father/Child Camp).
- Non-married couples are not permitted to stay in the same cabin.
To keep Camp Yamhill a safe and Christ-centered place I will not bring the following items:
- Smoking or Vaping products of any kind.
- Weapons of any kind.
- Pornographic material (pictorial or written).
- Illegal, recreational or unprescribed drugs. (All prescribed drugs must be given to the Camp First Aid person during registration.)
Camp Yamhill expects all campers and staff to comply willingly with the Code of Conduct and its enforcement.