Camp Yamhill will be following all the guidelines established by the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) at the time of our summer sessions. We ask our Camp Families to help us so that we can provide a safe and healthy camp for all our campers. The most important thing that our families can do is monitor the health of their campers before camp begins and follow the recommendations from the OHA.
- The COVID vaccine is not required for campers to attend summer camp.
- Face masks are optional, and campers are welcome to wear a mask at any time. We will create an environment where masking decisions are respected by everyone.
- We are not requiring COVID tests prior to attending camp.
- Each cabin will have adequate ventilation and air flow.
- Frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer will be encouraged throughout the day. Every cabin and building has a hand sanitizer station. The main lodge has a station by every door.
- Restrooms are cleaned regularly.
- The majority of camp activities take place outside.
Even following OHA guidelines and taking precautions, it is possible that a Covid-19 positive case can occur at camp. If a case does occur, we will follow these protocols:
- If a camper is exhibiting COVID symptoms during camp, the camper will be placed in the designated isolation space to be evaluated by our first aid staff.
- The parents/guardians of the camper will be contacted to pick up their camper. Camp has a limited supply of COVID Rapid Tests. If a Rapid Test is available, and the parent/guardian consents, a Rapid Test can be conducted.
- If more than one camper in a cabin shows COVID symptoms, all the campers in that cabin will be isolated, and their parents will be notified.
Camp Yamhill would like to encourage all parents to talk to their campers and tell them to inform their counselors if they are not feeling well or are experiencing COVID symptoms while at camp.
Current Oregon Health Authority guidelines:
Summer and Youth Programs Public Health Recommendations:
Other OHA Health News: